We hope that you love this Creamy Citrus Pasta as much as we do. And as perfect as it is for a dinner party, it’s also equally amazing to enjoy it while you’re in PJ’s. You may even have the ingredients on hand already to make it. No need for a special occasion – any day of the week is perfect for Creamy Citrus Pasta. This recipe is so easy and so affordable, that leaves plenty of room in the budget for wine and plenty of time for enjoying your guests and drinking said wine.
1 lb Spaghetti
3 1/4 cups Lemons
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Basil
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water (1 tablespoon of salt for every 6 cups of water) until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return drained spaghetti to the pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, oil, heavy cream, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes in a bowl to combine. Add ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and whisk to combine.
- Add lemon sauce to spaghetti in a pot; toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce. Add remaining cooking liquid, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with lemon zest, chopped basil, and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
I like to cook my pasta for about a minute less than the package directions call for. This ensures that your pasta remains al dente as it's tossed with the lemon cream sauce and heated through.